All our swimwear at Ryke is proudly designed and manufactured with care in Australia, and we take great pride in delivering quality products. To ensure your Ryke swimwear remains in excellent condition, here are some valuable care instructions:
Avoid Rough Surfaces
- Be cautious when sitting on rough surfaces like rocks, concrete, tiles, or rough pool edges. Prolonged contact with abrasive surfaces may cause pilling or fabric damage. Even surfaces that may appear to be smooth can have an abrasive effect on the swimwear fabric.
Wearing Under Clothing
- While swim briefs are designed for water activities, avoid wearing them under tight or rough-textured clothing for extended periods. This can lead to friction and pilling of the fabric.
- Be Cautious with Velcro, Zips, and Wearing Underneath Clothing - Avoid wearing your Ryke swimwear with items that have Velcro, zips, or fabrics like denim (e.g. jeans, board shorts, etc.). These rough surfaces can cause damage to the fabric.
- Rinse - After each swim, rinse your swim briefs with cold water to remove chlorine, saltwater, or any other chemicals that could degrade the fabric.
- Hand Wash - For best results, hand wash your swim briefs using cold water and a mild detergent. Gently agitate the water to remove any dirt or residue.
- Machine Wash - If you prefer machine washing, use a gentle cycle with cold water. Tie up the drawstring to prevent losing it and place your swim briefs in a mesh delicate laundry bag to protect them from potential snags or abrasion.
- Chemicals - Never use bleach or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the fabric and colours.
- Avoid washing your Ryke swimwear with items that have Velcro, zips, or fabrics like denim (e.g. jeans, board shorts, etc.). These rough surfaces can cause damage to the fabric.
- Air Dry - We recommend air drying your swim briefs by laying them flat on a clean surface or hanging them in the shade. Avoid direct sunlight, as it may cause fading over time.
- Avoid Tumble Drying - Do not tumble dry your swim briefs, as the high heat can damage the elasticity.
Avoid Contact with Sunscreens and Oils
- Sunscreens, tanning oils, and other chemical products may cause discoloration or damage to the fabric. Rinse your swim briefs thoroughly if they come into contact with such substances.
Store with Care
- When not in use, store your swim briefs in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and sharp objects.
- Proper care for your swimwear is essential to maintain its quality and extend its lifespan. One crucial rule to remember is never to leave your wet or damp swimwear contained in a bag, backpack, or any other enclosed space for an extended period.
By following these care instructions, you can preserve the quality and appearance of your Ryke swim briefs, ensuring they stay in excellent condition for all your aquatic adventures and beyond. Enjoy your time in the water with confidence and style!